Christians have victory in spiritual warfare by counting ourselves as dead ...crucified with Christ... and that the life we live is not our own, but Christ living through us. Our lives should manifest Jesus Christ as He continues His work in this world through us... knocking down the devil's strongholds (spiritual results) and destroying the works of the devil, of the world system, and of the carnal flesh (physical effects).
Keys to Chart Development & Interpretation
The foundational scriptures:
- Battlefield: The Parable of the Sower, or Four Soils.
- Character: The personal “I am” statements of Christ (John 9:5; 14:6), and the enemy is contrasted as the spirit of antichrist (1 John 2:22-23).
- Strategy: John 10:10, 1 John 3:8-9, & Acts 26:17-18
Methodology (Intelligence Preparation of the Battlefield):
- Character traits illuminated missions, and weapons.
- Biblical word studies revealed interrelationships - or the terrain of the spiritual battlefield.
- A battle tracking matrix is a chart used by military commanders to convey multifaceted information in a comprehensive, yet compact form - in order to enhance situational awareness and to facilitate the decision making process.
- The spiritual warfare matrix is an attempt to represent a NONLINEAR, multi-dimensional battlefield on a LINEAR, two-dimensional frame within a limited amount of space. Satan is not equal to God, etc...
- Weapons and tactics can be documented ...but that does not mean that "when, where, and how" can be accurately forecast. The enemy adapts. You have to conduct reconnaissance - go and look around.
- No condemnation of the human conditions on
the left side of the chart is intended, but rather discernment. For example:
- Illness is not evidence of sin or demonic influence.
- Instead, consider the source. If Satan had never rebelled against God, disease and death would have never existed. Because God lives, there is healing.
- That does not mean that all are healed immediately upon request. God uses both sickness and health in order to accomplish His purposes.
- When we place ourselves in His hands, whether we are healed or not, the devil's work is destroyed and the enemy is defeated.
- Again, spiritual warfare is nonlinear. For example, intercessory prayers are certainly effective at all times, and along every axis of advance. See also: Spiritual Warfare Prayers.
- Do not focus on the problem; focus on the solution. Be aware of the problem, but more aware of the purposes, promises, and presence of God.