Every struggle we have with the enemy must be seen in kingdom perspective. There is not only conflict within us ...the flesh versus the Holy Spirit... but also a larger battle being fought around us to hinder the advance of the kingdom of God. And each battlefield is only one skirmish, of one campaign in that global war which spans human history.
Next: Christian Character
- He went through every city and village, preaching and bringing the glad tidings of the kingdom of God. (Luke 8:1 NKJV)
- "I must preach the kingdom of God…, because for this purpose I have been sent." (Luke 4:43 NKJV)
- "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness,…" (Matthew 6:33 NKJV)
- "…surely the kingdom of God has come upon you." (Matthew 12:28 NKJV
- "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:15 NKJV)
- "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:37-40 NKJV)
- "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. If anyone wants to do His will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it is from God or whether I speak on My own authority. He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who seeks the glory of the One who sent Him is true, and no unrighteousness is in Him." (John 7:16-18 NKJV)
- "All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him." (Matthew 11:27 NKJV)
- "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here." ... "You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." (John 18:36-37 NKJV)
- He sent them to preach the kingdom of God… (Luke 9:2 NKJV)
- "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:18-20 NKJV)
- Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses. I urge you in the sight of God who gives life to all things, and before Christ Jesus who witnessed the good confession before Pontius Pilate, that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ's appearing, which He will manifest in His own time, He who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen. (1 Timothy 6:12-16 NKJV)
- Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. (Revelation 19:11-16 NKJV)
- Each soldier must understand his role in the
commander's battle plan.
- For a Christian, that means knowing God's purposes and acting in accordance with them.
- Too many of us are seeking "deliverance" from the battlefield for our own relief, instead of ultimate "victory" for His glory.
- God's will is plainly stated in the verses above. Our role clearly communicated. Preach the kingdom of God; preach the gospel. Transform lives into the image of Jesus Christ by the teaching of His word and the manifestation of His life.
- Great battles are really won before they are fought. To control our passions we must govern our habits, and keep watch over ourselves in the small details of every day life. -- Sir John Lubbock
- Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you, you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action, and follow it to the end, requires some of the same courage which a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men to win them. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Next: Christian Character