Dark forces rule the temporal and seek to affect the eternal - fighting against the physical effects of God's eternal work.
- Again, the devil took Him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And he said to Him, "All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me." (Matthew 4:8-9 NKJV)
- And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. (2 Corinthians 12:7 NKJV)
- “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.” (John 8:44 NKJV)
The Bible doesn't record the words of the devil giving his troops orders. The closest thing would be his temptation of Jesus.
You can bet that the plan is meant to hinder our Lord's battle plan, and to hinder those who obey his orders. You see the effects of that hindrance in scripture, in history, and in modern times.
Kind of like the old Soviet Union which both copied ...stole... technology from the United States and then used the poor imitations to oppose us at every opportunity in every part of the world, the devil steals from the kingdom of God, taking the glory that is rightfully our Lord's, and opposes Him on the only ground he can gain a foothold. This world and our flesh. Satan has never won a victory in the spiritual, eternal, realm and he never will! And this earth is quickly becoming no man's land.
Know your enemy:
- His strengths and weaknesses in your area.
- His mission objectives: What would the specific results be if he won the war? Worst-case scenario.
- His weapons: Their effects, how and when they are employed. Are his soldiers well trained with them?
- His tactics: How are his forces normally arrayed? How does he fight each battle?
- What terrain does he occupy now? What is he doing now? Go and look around. Share what you find.
- What would you do next if you were he? How soon?
- WHAT CAN BE DONE TO DEFEAT HIM?