Satan's deceptions - distract us from living by God's true word, deflect us from walking in His revealed path, and dillute our effectiveness in His appointed work.
Next: Weapons » Division
- ...the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools... (Romans 1:18-22 NKJV)
- "So you shall say to them, 'This is a nation that does not obey the voice of the LORD their God nor receive correction. Truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth....' (Jeremiah 7:28 NKJV)
- Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" (John 18:38 NKJV)
- ...the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (2 Timothy 4:3-4 NIV)
- Everyone will deceive his neighbor, and will not speak the truth; they have taught their tongue to speak lies; they weary themselves to commit iniquity. Your dwelling place is in the midst of deceit; through deceit they refuse to know Me," says the LORD. (Jeremiah 9:5-6 NKJV)
- "Fraud may consist as well in the suppression of what is true as in the representation of what is false." -- Justice Heath, English Jurist (Source: Tapp v. Lee, 1803)
Some of the lies of the devil
- Man is autonomous: independent, self-sufficient and absolutely sovereign.
- Idolatry: the worship of demons or false, impotent gods created by man.
- Occult practices: sorcery and witchcraft, fortune-telling and séances.
- Misleading belief systems and philosophies:
- Impotent beliefs concerning salvation:
- By self-righteous morality, abstinence, penance, or flagellation
- By ancestral or religious heritage
- By priesthood absolution or indulgence
- By institutional membership or nationality
- By performance of religious rite, ritual, or pilgrimage
- By reformation, reincarnation, and self-transcendence
Note: This is not an exhaustive list since enemy has many wicked schemes, and mankind has many evil imaginations.
Next: Weapons » Division