The devil rejoices in this question: If there is a God, why does He allow so much evil and suffering?
Next: Weapons » Deception
- ...the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them. (Proverbs 11:3 KJV)
- "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14 NKJV)
- Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction are in their paths. (Isaiah 59:7 NKJV)
- A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes. A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul. (Proverbs 18:6-7 KJV)
- ...one sinner destroys much good. (Ecclesiastes 9:18 NKJV)
- ...those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. (1 Timothy 6:9-10 NKJV)
- For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame--who set their mind on earthly things. (Philippians 3:18-19 NKJV)
- For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: they would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. (Proverbs 1:29-32 KJV)
- ...the destruction of the poor is their poverty. (Proverbs 10:15 KJV)
- Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. (Proverbs 27:20 KJV)
- "All that is needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
- "I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it." -- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955) German-born U.S. physicist. Draft response to Baptist pastor.
- "If you were to destroy in mankind the belief in immortality, not only love but every living force maintaining the life of the world would at once be dried up. Moreover, nothing then would be immoral, everything would be permissible, even cannibalism." -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky (1821 - 1881) Russian novelist. The Brothers Karamazov
Next: Weapons » Deception