The word of God, the sword of the Spirit, is truth.
Next: Weapons » Love
- "I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth." (John 17:15-19 NKJV)
- ...God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle. (2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 NKJV)
- The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever. (Psalm 119:160 NKJV)
- ...we have renounced the hidden things of shame, not walking in craftiness nor handling the word of God deceitfully, but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. (2 Corinthians 4:2 NKJV)
- Even things without life, whether flute or harp, when they make a sound, unless they make a distinction in the sounds, how will it be known what is piped or played? For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself for battle? So likewise you, unless you utter by the tongue words easy to understand, how will it be known what is spoken? (1 Corinthians 14:7-9 NKJV)
- ...speaking the truth in love... (Ephesians 4:15 NKJV)
- ...take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth... (take) the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God... (Ephesians 6:13-14, 17 NKJV)
In the Roman legions, the only part of the armor that was never removed was the belt. That one piece of uniform identified the wearer as a soldier.
Next: Weapons » Love